Monday 21 March 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 3: FEEDBACK

EVALUATION QUESTION 3: FEEDBACK

TO SEE MY FULLY ANSWERED QUESTION: PLEASE SEE MY TOOLBAR AT THE TOP OF MY BLOG AND CLICK ON EVALUATION QUESTION 3. 


·      For my evaluation question, feedback is a necessity for film Posters and trailers and this is crucial for me to receive feedback
So I can then assess and act upon the feedback given.

·      So far I have received feedback for my film poster, where I received praise and constructive criticism. This would allow me to make improvements, but now I need to get feedback for our film trailer.

·      During the process of my group and I making the film, we documented and carefully looked at the feedback that was given to us, so that we could make changes as we want our film trailer to be as compelling as humanly possible.

·      The really important and helpful concept behind receiving feedback is because it is really important to get an honest opinion from somebody who is from our target audience. We are addressing the film trailer to the selected target audience and getting another opinion from that selected target audience is very important to see whether we have drawn the target audience into our product successfully and whether we have fully addressed the codes and conventions of the film trailer.

·      I know that feedback will greatly benefit my group and I’s film trailer because I used feedback for my film poster, as mentioned in my previous point, where I was able to make my poster as authentic and effective as humanly possible.


POSITIVE FEEDBACK:

We were praised for the custody scene, as it looked very convincing. After this shot, it shows a black and white grainy quality, which is viewed from the perspective of a surveillance camera. The camera also displayed the date and time. These effects were praised because of our sharp editing use and this was one of many scenes where we were praised for good editing.


We were praised for the very fast paced hard cuts. Along with this compliment, we created a sense of enigma. This shot for example shows the main protagonist pursuing the Ghost unseen wielding a camera, taking photos of him. We also created suspense with the custody scene, zooming into documents where it really creates suspense for the audience.


My group received positive feedback from the beginning sequence showing the high angle establishing shot of London and the main positive feedback my group got was how authentically real it looked. My group and I were also praised for the text. The text anchored the meaning of the visuals and it carefully explained the scenarios addressed in the film.


Praised for editing: Inter titles: How far would you go- 2nd person plural= addressing the audience, questioning them.

Praised for sound: Sound bridge- ‘She was acting suspicious’
Significant dialogue- ‘Someone’s trying to set me up’
-       Key info only- good trailer establishes genre.


I now need to get the required photos from the trailer in order to write a fully sentenced articulate reflection of our film trailer.

(More photos needed)

My group was praised for the very significant sound bridge that was made during the custody scene. For instance, as Aaron is digging through the roots of the situation regarding Sydney’s actions, he says “she was acting suspicious” the sound bridge is played over the scene where Sydney is peering through shop windows. The short snippets connote key information to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment