Sunday 1 November 2015

PLANNING: FILMING AT THE GRAVEYARD AT ESHER CEMETRY

Kate and I travelled to St George's church in Esher, Surrey to arrive there to film and structure out one of the more revealing scenes in the film trailer. One of the shots that was included in this scene was a establishing shot of the cemetery. whilst it has beauty surrounding the area, objects such as the head stone and the natural and mundane colouring rears its ugly head with eerie, and intimidating vibes throughout the trailer. We also show a close up reaction shot of my face, which shows a strong emotive and will make the audience sympathise with he character. It also shows his vulnerable side which links in with the monotone atmosphere which the audience can sense. The enigma raised here will draw the audience in because people do not want questions unanswered.

Below you will be able to see some of the pictures that me and Kate captured:




Kate and I decided that it would be a good idea to experiment with different camera angles and also to tweak each scene to see which scene suits in our favour. We also wanted to ensure that each shot we took had a deeper meaning as well as what we visually perceive so that the audience can relate to each scene. The following ideas that me and Kate came up with were as follows:

  1. A planning, close up shot of myself sitting on a bench in the cemetery with my face contorted with emotion and really highlighting my character's vulnerability and morality seeped out of my character. 
  2. A tracking shot of myself opening the cemetery gate and walking towards the grave of the deceased sister. 
  3. A point of view shot of myself opening the gate and re enacting the previous point in my perspective. 
  4. Finally, a panoramic, panning shot of the graveyard showing the church and the grave stone as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you pin down your ideas as a storyboard? Experimentation is all part of the game, but it is usual to start with the Storyboard and Shot List, as well as to provide a Call Sheet for each shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have written up the storyboard. And I have plotted down the ideas on the storyboard yes .I just need to complete the drawings.

    ReplyDelete