Thursday 5 November 2015

PLANNING: MUSIC INSPIRATION FOR THE FILM TRAILER:

For our film trailer, Music is a very important element to any film trailer as it alleviates the mood that the trailer is trying to address to the audience. it is also a powerful element for all kinds of genres for films and film trailers because it makes the audience feel excited and at the edge of their seat. I decided to do some searching for any ideas for our film trailer that links in with the theme of the trailer and also keeps the audience drawn in.


I searched into YouTube "BOOM Library." They have a YouTube channel and a website which consists of cinematic trailer sound effects. I will place the link to the YouTube video HERE.

I have also looked at "Secession Studios" website which consists of different variants of cinematic trailer sound effects. It also gives you a insight of their personal background and how they came around which I personally found to be of interest. I will place the link to the website HERE.


I also searched their YouTube channel which I have subscribed to, and This video in particular is the most relevant to our group, as the views of nearly 5 in a half million speaks for itself. This video definitely sets the scale of our musical needs in this trailer and I shall place the link to this video HERE


However, I think we have found the winning ticket for our film trailer. A song called "Ash" by the succession is a very dramatic song with orchestral music which is a perfect mix of dramatic elements and slow and monotone elements. I shall place the link to the song on YouTube HERE.

 Also, I will need to email these people if we are going through with this piece of music for copyright reasons. I shall liaise with my peers about the matter.

2 comments:

  1. All material for all tasks to be produced by the candidates
    with the exception of non-
    original sound or image material used
    in a LIMITED way in video/radio work
    The copyright guidance outlined
    above applies to all briefs.
    An example of limited use
    of video and audio would be usin
    g a video extract of an
    explosion and a sound of an explosion. The
    majority of the video and audio work should
    be produced by candidates and not be found material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/68934-unit-g324-advanced-production-guidance-document.pdf

    ReplyDelete